The Journal Sparks workshop explores three artistic and engaging prompts from my book, Journal Sparks (Storey Publishing, 2017). The workshop is a mixed media, artistic adventure meant to inspire a creative journaling habit. Much emphasis is placed on imperfection and artistic experimentation as well as the connection between art and language.
The program includes:
· short periods of guided brainstorming
· inspiring demonstration with clear instruction
· time to look through an assortment of my journals
· value and respect placed on experimentation and individual artistic styles
· tips and ideas for teachers on how to integrate a journal prompts into the classroom
· encouragement and guidance for integrating the journaling habit into the everyday routine.
Approximate time: 1 ½ hours (with an extra ½ hour for set-up and clean-up)
Best for ages: 10-100
Recommended maximum group size: 15 (more depending on age and assistance)
Please contact me at ekn222[at]gmail[dot]com to discuss details and cost.